seems to finally be coming around. They h

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 14.01.2020 03:06
von elaine95 • 179 Beiträge

Last week Damon Harrison Jersey , defensive end Romeo Okwara claimed the title of unsung hero of the week for causing chaos in the Dallas Cowboys’ backfield, even if his biggest on the day was wrongly erased. There wasn’t much help from the rest of the defense, as receivers (and running backs) were open seemingly all day and it was up to the defensive linemen to make quick work of one of the best offensive lines in the National Football League. This week? The complete opposite. Unsung hero of the week: the Detroit Lions secondaryThis week’s honors go to the entire secondary for their performance against Aaron Rodgers. Note that I didn’t say the Packers; the secondary had their good plays and their bad plays, and guys like Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling carved up the Lions defense on several plays. Aaron Rodgers, however, was very visibly off his game. From the Green Bay Packers’ first offensive drive, there seemed to be one play in between every four to five in which the secondary would completely shut down every receiver. Rodgers would evade rushers and perform one of his infamous scrambles Ricky Jean Francois Jersey , but to no avail. Twice in the first half, that exact scenario resulted in a strip sack and on several other plays it gave way to sacks that disrupted Green Bay drives. On a number of those sacks, the FOX broadcast showed shots of all the downfield receivers at least four to five seconds into the play: lo and behold, everyone was blanketed. The pressure clearly threw off Aaron Rodgers and after getting blindsided on several occasions in the first half, he seemed hesitant to leave the pocket for the remainder of the game. To add to that, for a guy who isn’t afraid to attack the Lions defense with his feet, Rodgers was limited to only three rushes for 10 yards. The defense had their ups and downs and really began to get carved up late in the game Christian Jones Jersey , but their occasional shutdown performance made all the difference in a game that was essentially a must-win only five weeks into the season. Props to the secondary; here’s to hoping we see more of that in the future. In case you missed Fox’s new hit comedy, The 2019 Detroit Lions, I’ve got full recap of the Lions hilariously embarrassing 19-16 loss to the 1-9 Washington Redskins. Let’s just stop wasting time and get right into it. As always, I have thoughts on this game. These are those thoughts. LOLHow can you not tilt your head back and have a really good belly laugh? You love this team with all of your heart, and you want to see them succeed, but in times like this it’s almost more fun to see how bad it can get. It’s like that episode of “Seinfeld” where Kramer and the car salesman are trying to see how far the car can go before it runs out of gas. I’m down for this. Let’s break the needle off on this thing.If you don’t remember the final two minutes of this game, let me remind you. The Lions had a 16-13 lead at the two-minute warning. 20 seconds later Devon Kennard Jersey , the Redskins tied the game. Then on the ensuing drive Jeff Driskel almost throws a pick. Driskel, not being one to give up, tried to throw a pick again and succeeded the second time. The Redskins offense then drank a thing of TGRI ooze and became a Super Shredder offense like most teams do late against the Lions. They took the 19-16 lead and then the Lions in all their genius and courage declined to take a shot down field and decided that an interception would be more appropriate. We all proceeded to laugh until we cried. Bo knows how to runThere’s likely to be a lot of wholesale changes to this team once the season finally breathes its last breath and dies. Some guys may no longer be on this team anymore. I’m talking guys that are good. One guy the Lions need to keep around is Bo Scarbrough. Some Lions fans will continue to wonder why Zach Zenner isn’t on this team after he ran for that one first down in 2016. But what people should really notice is that Scarbrough is actually pretty good and likely will be that number two back along with Kerryon Johnson in 2020. I truly think he’s earned it in just two career games.On Sunday, he nearly became the Lions’ second running back to run for 100 yards since the Marvel Cinematic Universe began, finishing with 98 yards on 18 carries. That’s 5.4 yards per carry. Lions fans should be pumped to see what this guy can continue to do. Jarrad Davis finally got that sack!Thanks a pantload, JeffI have seen Lions fan after Lions fan defend Jeff Driskel on way too many occasions since he stepped in for the injured Matthew Stafford three games ago. I don’t get it. Since taking over as the starter, Driskel has gone 62-of-105 for 685 yards Will Harris Detroit Lions Jersey , four touchdowns and four interceptions. He’s completed just 58.9 percent of his passes and has a passer rating of 77.9. Everyone keeps talking about his feet coming in handy to get him out of trouble, too. The dude has been sacked 11 times in three games. I don’t know what people are seeing out there, but Driskel is playing pretty bad right now. Lions run defense should get a pat on the backSomething that needs to be brought to attention is that the Lions run defense seems to finally be coming around. They had a good showing against Ezekiel Elliott last weekend and had another good showing this Sunday against Adrian Peterson and Derrius Guice. One of these things is not like the other. But, still, I’m giving props. Matthew StaffordNow is the fun timeYeah, I truly mean that. The Lions season is legit over. Sure there’s a way the Lions can make it into the playoffs with just eight wins but half the NFC would have to come down with mono like Sam Darnold. So if anyone knows any of these players, and you have mono Will Harris Jersey 2019 , start kissing. Seriously. This is the time you can sit back and watch football without sweating, feeling your heart beat out of your chest and having the occasional anxiety attack. You can just sit there calmly with your Natural Light—or O’doul's for the non-alcoholic crowd—and enjoy the game. If you don’t want to watch, free agency is 115 days from today and the draft is 151 days. We’ll meet you there. Until then let’s all laugh and have a good time. Yup, just laugh it all away.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3133 Themen und 3283 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de