Schmirler died of cancer in 2

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 28.03.2019 02:50
von shushu zhang • 211 Beiträge

OTTAWA -- With the Sochi Olympics just a few days away, Canada Post is launching commemorative stamps honouring freestyle skier Sarah Burke, curler Sandra Schmirler and figure skater Barbara Ann Scott. The trio are being recognized as "pioneers of winter sports." A native of Barrie, Ont., Burke won four gold medals at the Winter X Games and was the first female skier to land a 1,080-degree spin (three full rotations) in competition. Halfpipe skiing, an event that Burke helped put on the map, is set to make its Olympic debut in Sochi. She died in January 2012 at the age of 29 after succumbing to injuries suffered while training in Utah. Schmirler skipped one of the most successful curling teams in Canadian history. The Biggar, Sask., native won three Canadian and three world championships between 1993 and 1997. In 1998, Schmirler and her team became Canadas first-ever Olympic gold medallists in curling. A member of the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame and the World Curling Federation Hall of Fame, Schmirler died of cancer in 2000 at the age of 36. Scott is the only Canadian woman to win Olympic gold for singles figure skating after her victory at the 1948 Winter Games. The Ottawa native also won world, North American and European championships. Known as "Canadas Sweetheart," Scott was named to the Order of Canada and Canadas Walk of Fame. She died in September 2012 at the age of 84. Cheap NFL Online Jerseys . - Chris Davis hit a two-run double, scoring Nelson Cruz in his Orioles debut in Baltimores 9-7 win over to the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday. Cheap NFL Wholesale Jerseys . Sections of the British media reported Friday that Brooklyn Beckham, the son of United great David, was invited to a training session at the club on Thursday. http://www.nflmallwebsitecheap.com/ . And it showed Thursday night. The Canadiens, playing in their second game in as many days, however, got a good performance in the end from their backup goaltender as he filled in for an injured Olympic gold medallist . Cheap NFL Nike Jerseys . They were expecting him there all along. The Pacers announced Friday night that George has been cleared "to return to normal basketball activity," a decision made three days after he was concussed in Game 2 of the Indiana-Miami series. CHeap NFL Free Shipping Jerseys . He chirped to the caddie of Brandt Snedeker about their money game, a Mickelson tradition at the majors. Lefty was in good spirits Monday at the British Open, except for having to return the claret jug.VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Swedens Henrik Stenson heads into this weeks BMW PGA Championship knowing that a few good rounds could take him all the way to the world No. 1 spot. Stenson should manage the feat if he finishes higher at the European Tours flagship tournament than Australias Adam Scott does at the PGA Tours Crown Plaza Invitational Colonial event at Fort Worth, Texas. But Stenson, currently the No. 3 in the world, is playing down his chances -- having managed just one top-10 result in 10 straight appearances at Wentworth to 2010, the last time he played the course. "Its definitely on, but I havent given it too much thought in that sense," Stenson said Wednesday. "Ive been more trying to work on my game and try to get back in good shape because I know, if I get my game to where I want to have it, then thats definitely an achievable thing in the near future." The permutations are also complicated by the fact that No. 4 Matt Kuchar could also become No. 1 should he win at Colonial. Stenson knows that he may need to be patient. "Im more into trying to focus on the processes off playing good golf and giving myself the best chance to become world No.dddddddddddd 1," he said. "And if I can win some tournaments this year, I will have a good shot at getting there." Others in the field at Wentworth include US Open champion Justin Rose, Rory McIlroy and Englands Ian Poulter -- though Poulter indicated he was only 70 per cent certain of teeing up on Thursday after injuring his lower back last week in the gym. "Its just disappointing, and its not the best prep for this week," Poulter said. Rose, who will return the gleaming trophy to the United States Golf Association next week, shared a family moment involving the symbol of his Merion success over Phil Mickelson and his four-year old son. "Leo ate some ice cream out of it -- so he was the first to christen the trophy," said Rose with a smile. "I had not even had a drink, but he had some ice cream out of it and we got some great video, I think will last a lifetime, and some great memories." The trophy will be displayed on the opening tee throughout the BMW PGA Championship. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3133 Themen und 3283 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de