www.minnesotavikingsteamonline.com

in Intern 21.03.2019 03:06
von hongwei28 • 73 Beiträge

Minnesota Vikings: Who were the studs against the 49ers? Week one is in the books for the Minnesota Vikings and the team didn’t disappoint. The Vikings defeated the San Francisco 49ers 24-16 http://www.minnesotavikingsteamonline.com/xavier-rhodes-jersey , in what almost came down to a nail-biter. Minnesota gave fans a pretty solid preview of what to look forward to this season. Every week, I’ll mention two offensive and defensive players that I thought made a significant impact in the game. Here are my two offensive studs:Kirk CousinsCousins had a solid outing in his Vikings regular-season debut. He threw for 244 yards and two touchdowns. He completed 20-of-36 passes, for a completion rate of 55.6%. Despite that shaky offensive line, it held up pretty good for Cousins.The way he was slinging passes was fun to watch, he really knows how to thread the needle when he throws through coverage.He ran the ball four times for 26 yards. Late in the fourth quarter, Cousins was trying to grab a first down Authentic Kirk Cousins Jersey , so he took off and when he got close he dove head first into two defenders. The way he threw his head down when he dove was scary. It just would of been classic Minnesota Vikings if Cousins would have gotten hurt (even though that would be absolutely horrible to Kirk). Props to him though for just going balls deep. Adam ThielenThielen continued right where he left off from last season. He had six receptions for 102 yards, his longest was 34 yards. Thielen had the most receptions along with Dalvin Cook, who also had six, Thielen was targeted 12 times. Stefon Diggs started things off on the receiving end, but finished the game with only three catches off of six targets, but Thielen picked things up. It just seems to all come so natural for Thielen and I truly believe that he has the capability to have a 100-yard days every week.I’m no expert or anything Authentic Mike Hughes Jersey , but it’s probably a challenge for opposing defenses to try and figure out what player is going to guard Diggs or Thielen. I’m sure the two will alternate between weeks since one may be double covered and the other may not be. Now, here’s my two defensive studs:Harrison SmithBoy, today he sure proved why he’s capable of being the best safety in the league. Smith led the team with eight total tackles (7 solo, 1 assist). He even managed to sack Jimmy Garoppolo, it only took him 2.9 seconds to sack him. Then, he stepped up big late in the game to help seal the deal with an interception. Ohh yeah Womens Adam Thielen Jersey , almost forgot about that fumble recovery. I wrote about a few BOLD predictions I had for the season. One was Smith recording ten interceptions this season. Well, he’s certainly on pace鈥?Only needs nine more. If this’ how Smith and the rest of the defense is going to play all year, then this will be another fun year to watch. Mike Hughes Hughes didn’t seem notorious for grabbing interceptions during his time in college. He must of been working on those ball skills, because he grabbed a pick and took it to the house for six. What would make a better NFL debut than doing something like that?Well, probably having a solid day all around. He also recorded three tackles and defended three passes that were sent his way. He was a gunner on special teams and managed to down a punt at the four. No knock to Trae Waynes, but don’t be shocked if Hughes becomes a starter (don’t really think it would be a shocker to anyone). It’s only week one Authentic Riley Reiff Jersey , but there’s already Defensive Rookie of The Year talk. He did get a good start with that performance though. With the news today that Kevin Stefanski would indeed be returning as the offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings, the focus for the purple now shifts to who will coach the offensive line. The Vikings have, apparently, gotten permission to interview someone for the job, and it isn’t a name that many people would have anticipated.Green Bay Packers beat writer Bob McGinn is reporting that the Vikings have gotten permission from the Packers to interview Joe Philbin for the offensive line coach job. Philbin was the Packers’ offensive coordinator this past season, and was their head coach for the final four games of their season following the firing of Mike McCarthy. He was also the head coach of the Miami Dolphins for four seasons http://www.minnesotavikingsteamonline.com/linval-joseph-jersey , from 2012 to 2015.Philbin does have some experience coaching offensive lines in the NFL. He was the assistant offensive line coach for Green Bay from 2003 to 2005 before becoming the primary offensive line coach in 2006. He also served as an assistant offensive line coach for the Indianapolis Colts in 2016. In addition to that, he’s also done the job several times at the college level, most notably at the University of Iowa from 1999 to 2002.Personally, I’m not well-versed enough in offensive line performance to be able to tell you whether or not this would be a solid hire for the Vikings or not. There are some folks on the Twitters that seem to think it would be a good idea, and it’s certainly a position that the Vikings will need to address sooner rather than later.What are your thoughts on the Vikings potentially making Joe Philbin their new offensive line coach?

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de