manager Ned Yost said.

in Intern 20.03.2019 02:02
von shushu zhang • 211 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- While Salvador Perez came up with the winning hit right after Nori Aoki made the game-saving catch. Salvador Perez hit a go-ahead RBI double with two outs in the eighth inning and the Kansas City Royals beat the Chicago White Sox 4-3 Saturday. Alex Gordon doubled off left-hander Scott Downs (0-1) before Perez hit Maikel Cletos second pitch down the left-field line. Wade Davis (1-1) let the White Sox tie it at three when gave up two runs in the eighth on two singles, a walk, a hit batter and sacrifice fly. Greg Holland worked around a leadoff walk for his second save in two days. Royals right fielder Aoki prevented the White Sox from taking a lead when he made a lunging catch of Alexei Ramirez line drive to end the eighth with two runners on base. "Nori made a tremendous catch that saved the game from being cracked open there," Royals manager Ned Yost said. Aoki, a six-time Gold Glove winner in centre field in Japan, got a good jump on Ramirezs scorcher. "It was a situation where we couldnt give up any more runs," Aoki said through an interpreter. "That was the play I was most happy with. The only thing was the sun was in my eyes." Ramirez already had two singles and believed he had one over extra bases over Aokis head. "I dont think it got up in the wind enough to have a chance," Paul Konerko said "Thats what the game comes down to sometimes, something so small." Conor Gillaspie hit an RBI single in the eighth before Konerkos sacrifice fly tied it and gave him 146 RBIs against Kansas City, the most by any opponent. Royals left-hander Bruce Chen allowed one unearned run on six singles, walked none and struck out seven in 6 1-3 innings, but had to settle for a no-decision. White Sox left-hander John Danks did not allow a hit until the fourth inning, when six straight Kansas City batters reached base. "I wish I had an explanation for it," Danks said. "It was the heart of the lineup. I was trying to come inside and just lost control a little. Hosmer I got behind 2-0 and you dont want to make too good a pitch to him." Omar Infante, Eric Hosmer, Butler and Alex Gordon opened the inning with singles. Butlers single scored Infante for the first run, while Mike Moustakas walked with the bases loaded for the other run. Butler drove in another run in the fifth with a sacrifice fly. "John just had the one inning where it got out of hand and he lost his control and it came back to bite us," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. Moustakas fielding error led to an unearned White Sox run in the fifth. Adam Eatons groundout scored Ramirez. NOTES: The Royals designated for assignment IF Pedro Ciriaco, who has a .277 career batting average in the majors with four clubs, and purchased the contract of RHP Aaron Brooks from Triple-A Omaha. With the addition of Brooks, the Royals have a 12-man pitching staff. Brooks, who was a starter in the minors, will go to the bullpen. . The White Sox have lost their first two away games after going an AL worst 26-55 in road games last year. . White Sox RF Avisail Garcia, in an 0-for-13 funk, was given the day off. . Aces LHP Chris Sale of the White Sox and RHP James Shields of the Royals are set to pitch Sunday. Cheap Air Max Uk Sale .com) - Devan Dubnyk stopped all 30 shots fired his way and made several big saves down the stretch for his third shutout of the season as the Minnesota Wild beat the Calgary Flames 1-0 on Tuesday. Nike Air Max Discount Uk . The top-ranked Williams carried her winning momentum from 2013 into the new season, beating No. 2-ranked Victoria Azarenka 6-4, 7-5 on Saturday to defend her title at the Brisbane International and set the tone for the Australian Open. http://www.airmaxsaleuk.com/ . -- Mississippis Andrew Ritter said his game-winning, 41-yard field goal felt good off his foot. Air Max Sale Uk . -- C.J. Wilson parked his car and laughed while signing autographs for faceless fans who handed bats, balls and cards to the pitcher from the other side of a brick wall. Nike Air Max Clearance Uk .C. -- Eric Staal kept his focus after his apparent breakaway goal was waived off early in the third period.FLIMS, Switzerland -- The Canadian women are off to a strong start at the world junior curling championships, but the men are struggling early on. Albertas Kelsey Rocque won both her games Wednesday on the first day of the round robin. Rocque and her Edmonton team of Keely Brown, Taylor McDonald and Claire Tully stole four ends, including a single in an extra end, to score a 7-6 victory over Czech Republic in the first draw. Later Wednesday they fell behind Italys Veronica Zappone 5-3 after the Italians stole a point in the seventh, but rallied for three points in the eighth and went on to win 8-6. "It was rough, I struggled a bit," said Rocque about the first five ends against Italy. "We just werent curling like we could." She felt the three points in the seventh gave the Canadians some momentum. "We started making some shots. You could see a change in our attitudes," Rocque said.dddddddddddd "We started curling a little better and we had some confidence back." On the mens side, the Winnipeg team of Braden Calvert, Kyle Kurz, Lucas Van Den Bosch and Brendan Wilson lost two close games on the first day of competition. The Canadians lost their first game 8-6 to the 2013 silver medallists from Russia. Canada was leading 6-5 after nine ends, but Russias Sergey Glukhov was able to score three for the 8-6 victory. Calvert followed with a 6-5 loss to Sweden. Calvert stole one in the ninth end to lead 5-4, but Swedens Fredrik Nyman took a deuce in the 10th. "We were just on the wrong side of the inch all day, and we werent as sharp as we needed to be today," said Calvert after the match. "Were just going to sharpen up and have a good practice on the sheet well play tomorrow and well be good." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de