seemingly slipping away

in Bewerbungen 14.03.2019 02:33
von shushu zhang • 211 Beiträge

Tucson, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - The third-ranked Arizona Wildcats begin a five-game homestand on Tuesday when they bring in the Gardner-Webb Bulldogs for a non-conference bout at the McKale Center. The Bulldogs snapped a two-game slide in the 2014 Paradise Jam this past Saturday, as they ran over visiting Brevard College, 78-63. The win allowed them to even their overall record (3-3), while earning them a victory in their home debut. They will be at home for their next three games after this quick trip. Six opponents have stood in Arizonas way and all six have been vanquished. The Wildcats took part in the Maui Invitational last week and posted wins over Missouri (72-53), Kansas State (72-68) and San Diego State (61-59). The next leg of the current homestand will be a tough one, as ninth-ranked Gonzaga comes to town on Saturday. This game marks the first meeting between the Bulldogs and Wildcats on the hardwood. Against Brevard College, Gardner-Webb flexed its Division I muscles, shooting an impressive 54.4 percent from the floor, including a 7-of-17 effort from 3- point range. There were still weak spots in the 15-point win, however, The Bulldogs were out-rebounded, 37-34) and they made only 9-of-20 attempts from the free-throw line. Jerome Hill notched 32 points to go along with eight rebounds. Hill (18.5 ppg, 8 rpg) is an excellent scorer and rebounder for the Bulldogs. In fact, he leads the team in both categories, while connecting on 48.8 percent of his shots from the floor. He has scored in double figures in all six games. Tyrell Nelson (12.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg) provides Hill with a solid companion on the front lines, while Jarvis Davis (10.7 ppg, 6 rpg) adds strong efforts in scoring and rebounding. Tyler Strange (9.5 ppg, 7.2 apg) has had the opportunity to be a better scorer, but he is shooting just 28.8 percent from the floor. That hasnt hurt his impressive assist totals, however. T.J. McConnell drilled a 3-pointer with 7:33 to play to give Arizona a 50-48 lead against San Diego State, and the Wildcats managed to hold on down the stretch to claim the Maui Invitational title. The game was quite the defensive struggle, with the Wildcats only making 36.5 percent of their shots from the floor, while the Aztecs turned in a 43.8 percent effort. Stanley Johnson scored 18 points and came up a rebound shy of a double-double for the Wildcats, but he missed more shots than he made (4-of-14). Putting the clamps down on defense is Arizonas specialty. The Wildcats are allowing only 59.5 points per game on 40.5 percent shooting, despite playing a reasonably challenging early gambit. Johnson (13.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg) hasnt lit the world on fire in his first six games as a collegian, but he is second on the team in scoring and rebounding. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (13.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg) leads in both areas, despite coming off the bench in all six games. Brandon Ashley (12.7 ppg) is another fine scorer, while McConnell (8.2 ppg, 6.2 apg, 2.8 spg) is a terrific point guard. Buy Cheap Adidas Superstars .com) - Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh called Joe Flacco the NFLs best quarterback last week. Adidas Superstar Cheap China . With a victory seemingly slipping away late in the third quarter, his quick scoring flurry helped Golden State regain control early in the fourth. http://www.cheapsuperstar.net/ . - Chris Davis hit a two-run double, scoring Nelson Cruz in his Orioles debut in Baltimores 9-7 win over to the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday. Adidas Superstars Sale Cheap . -- Top-seed Shahar Peer and Canadian Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the second round of the inaugural WTA Citi Open. Cheap Adidas Superstars . In this weeks Leaf Report podcast, James Mirtle and Jonas Siegel debate whether Toronto can continue their shootout dominance and discuss what Dave Nonis game plan should be heading into the trade deadline.KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Keegan Bradley is playing so well at the CIMB Classic that not even the fact his beloved Boston Red Sox are in the World Series can distract him. Teeing off on Friday in Malaysia while the Red Sox were playing the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 2 of the World Series in Boston, Bradley sunk seven birdies -- including five in a six-hole stretch on his back nine -- to shoot a 6-under 66 and open up a four-stroke lead over Ryan Moore heading into the weekend. Hes at 13-under 131 for the tournament, an official event on the PGA Tour for the first time. Bradley, who grew up near Boston in Woodstock, Vt., is such a big Red Sox fan, his bio on the tour website lists his "biggest thrill outside golf" as Bostons World Series triumphs in 2004 and 2007. But even though hes been getting updates on this years series from his girlfriend, Jillian, on the course, hes kept his focus on his own game. So much so, in fact, hes playing some of his best golf -- even though the Red Sox lost on Thursday to even the series at one game apiece. "In the back of my mind, Im wondering whats going on (with the Red Sox)," he said. "I know my mom at home is flipping back and forth, watching. Its fun to know yesterday the Red Sox won, the (Boston) Bruins won and I shot 7 under." Bradley has carded only one bogey in 36 holes at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club. And he nearly had an eagle and another birdie on the back nine on Friday, missing both putts by inches. "Its hard to remember a time where Ive been more dialed in than these last two days," he said. Moore didnt follow up his stellar play in the opening round -- when he made 10 birdies -- with an equally strong second round. He had three bogeys to go with three birdies in an even-par 72 and sits at 9-under 135, a stroke ahead of Kiradech Aphibarnrat and Chris Stroud in a tie for third. "Obviously it wasnt the round I had yesterday but amazingly enough it wasnt too dissimilar," Moore said. "I hit a lot of really good putts today that just were just right on the edge, burning the edges, so overall Im still very happy with my game and where Im at." Graham DeLaet of Weybun, Sask., followed an even opening round by shooting 5-under 67 Friday, moving him into a tie for 13th. David Hearn of BBrantford, Ont.dddddddddddd shot 2-under 70 and was tied for 33rd. One player whos not at all happy is Phil Mickelson, who again struggled with wayward drives a day after saying his swing is as bad as its been in a long time. After a long wait caused by a backup at the 10th hole, Mickelson pulled his tee shot to the left, just out of bounds under a tree. He clenched his teeth and muttered to himself, but was in better spirits when he reached the ball, joking to the crowd, "Everybody OK? Sorry about that." Then, on the back nine, Mickelson gave himself two tough chip shots from sand traps onto the greens that led to back-to-back bogeys on the 13th and 14th holes. He birdied his last two holes to salvage a 2-under 70, but that didnt give the five-time major winner much solace. "I dont have the control of the swing that Id like," said Mickelson, who is 10 strokes off the pace at 3 under. "Im not sure which side Im going to miss it on and playing this golf course from the rough, which I did today is extremely difficult. The rough is tough. Youre fighting for pars the whole day." Mickelson said before the tournament hed be taking more time off this season and playing fewer events so he can focus more on trying to win the majors, particularly the U.S. Open, which would complete a career Grand Slam. But his biggest priority right now is fixing his swing. "Ive got a lot of issues and I think that Ill address it more in the off-season. This week and next week (at the HSBC Champions in Shanghai), its going to be difficult," he said. The surprise of the Malaysian tournament so far has been Kiradech, who briefly shared the lead on Friday before Bradley went on his back-nine birdie run. The Thai is competing in just his fourth PGA Tour event but didnt look out of his element playing alongside Mickelson and defending champion Nick Watney. He knows this course well -- he won the Malaysian Open at the same golf club in March to earn his European Tour card. He has a chance to receive a two-year U.S. tour exemption and invitation to the Masters with a win on Sunday. "Im trying my best. I dont want to force myself," he said. "If I can do well and have a lot of luck, make a lot of putts, maybe Ill have a chance to get the PGA Tour card." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de