will do a good job monitoring

in Bewerbungen 14.03.2019 02:25
von shushu zhang • 211 Beiträge

Jacob Lindgren, the New York Yankees top selection, is ready for whatever pitching role his new organization has in store. The Yankees took Lindgren in the second round with the 55th overall pick Thursday night. New York hasnt told Lindgren whether they project the 5-foot-11, 203-pound pitcher from Bay St. Louis, Mississippi as a starter or reliever. "Its hard to make the big league club," Lindgren said. "Im sure the Yankees will do a good job monitoring" progress at each level to see where he fits best. Lindgren was a talented high-school pitcher taken in the 12th round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft by the Chicago Cubs, yet chose college ball over the pros. He worked mostly in relief his freshman year before earning a spot in the Bulldogs rotation to start his sophomore season. Lindgren, though, was inconsistent and Mississippi State coaches moved him back to the bullpen where he said something finally clicked. Lindgren became more aggressive in late-inning situations, he said, and that helped the speed on his fastball improve from the upper 80s-lower 90s to mid-90s this season. He refined that at the Cape Cod League last summer and brought that new mindset to the Bulldogs bullpen. "My stuff was just playing out better," he said. "And I feel like its worked out." That showed in his performance as Lindgren was one of the best relievers in the Southeastern Conference. He led the country with more than 16 strikeouts over nine innings this season. His 100 strikeouts this year was tops among all relievers in Division I and his draft status perked up. "I knew my junior year was going to be a huge year for me because I had a lot to prove," he said. "Thats why I worked hard." Lindgren had heard from many clubs including the Yankees prior to the draft, but didnt have a strong feeling about where hed end up. He grew up a Minnesota Twins fan, but "everybody dreams of playing for the New York Yankees and wearing the pinstripes," he said. Mississippi States season ended last weekend, losing in NCAA regional play to top-ranked Louisiana-Lafayette. Lindgren came on early in the final game Monday and worked 4 1/3 innings of three-hit ball, but it wasnt enough in the Rajun Cajuns 5-3 victory. The Yankees took pitchers with their first five selections, including Lindgrens Mississippi State teammate Jonathan Holder in the sixth round Friday. They also selected Connecticut high-schooler Austin DeCarr in the third round, South Carolina lefty starter Jordan Montgomery in the fourth and Central Michigan right-hander Jordan Foley in the fifth. Lindgrens selection carries a slot bonus value of $1,018,700. He doesnt expect holdups in reaching a deal and hopes to get that wrapped up as quickly as possible and begin helping the Yankees win games. He said baseball is about winning championships and "hopefully, we can bring one back to New York." Saucony Clearance Sale . In their first meeting for six years, the Frenchmen dropped serve twice in the first set, but Giquel broke Simon two more times in the second. Gicquel moves on to face sixth-seeded Jarkko Nieminen of Finland, who advanced with a 7-6 (5), 7-6 (5) win against wild card Pierre-Hugues Herbert, despite the Frenchmans 23 aces. Cheap Saucony Shoes Online . - Nikita Jevpalovs scored 6:22 into the second overtime as the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada edged the visiting Rimouski Oceanic 2-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. http://www.cheapsaucony.net/ . They find themselves trying to knock each other out in the Western Conference finals for the second straight year. The Blackhawks prevailed last year on their way to the Stanley Cup, and they have the early lead this time after taking the opener, 3-1. Saucony Shoes From China . The Detroit Tigers star had microfracture surgery Friday to repair the medial and lateral meniscus in his left knee. "I dont want to say it was a surprise," team president and general manager Dave Dombrowski said. Saucony Outlet Store . -- The Los Angeles Dodgers signed Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarrena to a $25 million, five-year contract Saturday. ST. LOUIS -- Caroline Garcia is still trying to figure out her recent success. The 20-year-old almost singlehandedly led France to a 3-2 upset of the United States in Fed Cup competition Sunday. Garcia had a hand in all three of her countrys victories. She beat the USAs Madison Keys and Sloane Stephens in singles matches early in the meet before joining teammate Virginie Razzano to win the decisive doubles match. "Im not sure what Im doing differently," she said. "I dont know. I guess its working, so Ill try to keep doing it, whatever it is." France qualified for the World Group in 2015 and will compete for the Fed Cup championship. The USA is relegated to World Group II for next year. Garcia and Razzano beat Stephens and Keys 6-2, 7-5 in the fifth and deciding match of the best-of-five, two-day competition held at Chaifetz Arena on the campus of Saint Louis University. Garcia, ranked 51st in the world, came from out of nowhere to capture her first WTA championships in winning both the singles and double titles in the Claro Open Colsanitas in Bogota, Columbia, on April 13. The Lyon resident carried the momentum from those victories into the Fed Cup. "She was totally amazing, unbelievable," France captain Amelie Mauresmo said. "She really rosee to the occasion and was fearless.ddddddddddddquot; Garcia and Razzano used a pair of nifty passing shots to break Stephens serve in the 11th game of the second set. The pair won the lengthy 14-point game to take a 6-5 lead. Razzano then served out the match. Garcia began her run by beating Stephens 6-3, 6-2 in the opening match on Saturday. "She was the star of the weekend," USA captain Mary Jo Fernandez said. "I never thought that she got nervous in any of the matches. Shes really aggressive and its all coming together." France played Sunday without its top player, Alize Cornet, who suffered a groin injury in a three-set loss to Keys on Saturday. Fernandez took a chance on using Keys and Stephens in the series-deciding doubles match. The duo of Lauren Davis and Christina McHale was originally slated to play. But Fernandez chose to go with the two singles players even though they were coming off tough matches earlier in the day. Keys had just 35 minutes of rest after her loss to Garcia. "I was trying to go with the players that had big weapons and (could) impose their game on the French," Fernandez said. Said Keys: "Not very often do you finish a match and go out again (35) minutes later. I was a little bit more tired." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de