Mikko Koskinen is off to a nice start in his return to the NHL

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 28.02.2019 04:09
von douhua2233 • 13 Beiträge

EDMONTON Womens Jake Muzzin Jersey , Alberta (AP) — Mikko Koskinen is off to a nice start in his return to the NHL.Koskinen made 40 saves for his first career shutout, Drake Caggiula scored twice and the Edmonton Oilers beat the Chicago Blackhawks 4-0 on Thursday night.The 30-year-old Koskinen became the sixth goaltender in franchise history to record at least 40 saves in a shutout performance. Not bad for a player whose previous NHL experience consisted of four games for the New York Islanders during the 2010-2011 season.After playing primarily in the KHL, Koskinen signed with Edmonton as a free agent this summer. He earned a 5-3 victory in Nashville last Saturday in his only other appearance while backing up Cam Talbot.“He was outstanding,” Oilers forward Leon Draisaitl said. “That is what good goalies do. He hasn’t played much, but he was able to stay confident. It’s pretty impressive to see him come out with two performances like that.”Koskinen said he always wanted to come back to the NHL and prove himself.“It was always on my mind,” the 6-foot-7 goaltender said. “I had opportunities, like, three, four years ago Jeff Carter Jersey , but I always decided to stay. I thought I could still get better there (in St. Petersburg), and my setup there was great.“But I always had it in my sight, to come back and try to be a goalie here.”Jason Garrison and Alex Chiasson also scored for the Oilers (7-4-1), who have won four of five.Cam Ward made 25 saves for the Blackhawks (6-5-3), who have lost four straight.“I don’t know if the frustration level is high,” Chicago captain Jonathan Toews said. “At the end of day, though it doesn’t look good on the scoreboard.“But for the most part, we’re involved and we’re in the game giving ourselves a chance to win for the majority of 60 minutes.”Koskinen made 15 saves during a scoreless first period and Edmonton jumped in front 18 seconds into the second. Caggiula showed some deft hands in front, spinning around and then shoveling home his third of the season while being knocked to his knees from behind.Koskinen made some exceptional stops to keep Edmonton in front http://www.kingsproshop.com/authentic-jonathan-quick-jersey , denying Toews on a short-handed breakaway with six minutes left in the middle period, and then Alex DeBrincat in tight later on during the same sloppy Oilers power play.Edmonton went up 2-0 with 37 seconds left in the second. Garrison scored on the power play for his first goal with the Oilers.Edmonton added to its lead with a short-handed tally in the third. Jujhar Khaira did a good job to get it to Caggiula, who froze Ward on a deke before scoring at 6:49.Edmonton got another midway through the third when Chiasson scored his fifth goal in his last six games.NOTES: It was the second of three meetings between the teams this season. Edmonton beat Chicago 2-1 in overtime last Sunday. … Blackhawks star Patrick Kane returned to the lineup after missing Wednesday’s 4-2 loss in Vancouver with an illness. It was the end of Kane’s 258-game regular-season Ironman streak.UP NEXTBlackhawks: Visit Calgary on Saturday.Oilers: Visit Detroit on Saturday. RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) After allowing 19 goals in his previous four games, Thomas Greiss finally had the breakthrough night he and the New York Islanders were looking for.Greiss stopped 45 shots for his first shutout of the season, and the Islanders beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-0 on Friday night.”He was great,” Islanders coach Doug Weight said. ”He was confident. He came in and did a job. He made the saves he had to.”Article continues below ...Johnny Boychuk, Anthony Beauvillier and John Tavares scored for the Islanders, who moved past the Hurricanes into the second wild card spot in the Eastern Conference. Greiss got his eighth career shutout one night after Jaroslav Halak had 50 saves in a 3-0 home win against the crosstown-rival Rangers.”It was a huge win for us Nate Thompson Jersey , especially after emotional last night at home,” Islanders center Brock Nelson said. ”Both goaltenders were crucial. That was a big push for us, to get four points.”Cam Ward finished with 20 saves for the Hurricanes, who lost their second straight and fell into a tie with Columbus one point behind the Islanders for the conference’s last playoff spot.Jeff Skinner had his game-tying goal in the third period waved off after a replay review ruled he was offside when he entered the zone.”By an inch, maybe,” Skinner said. ”It was tough..I tried to slow up as best I could. I should’ve probably dragged my foot. It was close.”Carolina failed to get a better scoring chance the rest of the night despite getting nearly twice as many shots as the Islanders.The Hurricanes outshot the Islanders 16-7 in the first period and 28-15 through the second. Greiss kept Carolina off the scoreboard with a superb effort, turning aside scoring chance after scoring chance.”We owed him at least one good game in front of him,” Beauvillier said. ”He was really good tonight. He made some unbelievable stops.”Greiss’ work bought the Islanders’ offense time to get going, and it finally broke through near the midpoint of the second period.After a battle behind the Hurricanes net Authentic Oscar Fantenberg Jersey , Nelson fished out a rolling puck along the boards and pushed it to Boychuk at the right point. With the puck still rolling, Boychuk fired a slap shot that wiggled and elevated over Ward’s shoulder into the upper left corner of the net for his fourth of the season.Skinner thought he tied the game four minutes into the third when he flipped a loose puck in front of the net over Greiss’ glove. But a coach’s challenge by the Islanders forced a video review, and officials ruled the puck was offside on Carolina’s zone entry.”Before it ever went in I was told it was offside on the entry, so I wasn’t surprised,” Hurricanes coach Bill Peters said. ”Disappointed obviously, but we knew.”The dejected Hurricanes got only one shot off in the next eight minutes, at which point Beauvillier put the game away. He picked up a mishandled pass at the Islanders blue line, split two Carolina defenders, skated the length of the ice and pushed a shot under Ward’s pads despite being hooked by Noah Hanifin.”I just saw that fumbled puck at the blue line there and just tried to get my speed going Tanner Pearson Jersey , try get on the breakaway,” Beauvillier said of his 14th of the season. ”I kind of closed my eyes when I shot at the net there. It was getting pretty tight with the goalie.”Tavares was awarded a goal, his 30th, after he was tripped from behind as he approached the empty net with 32 seconds left to finish it.NOTES: The back-to-back shutouts by the Islanders were their first two of the season. … Boychuk’s goal was his first since Nov. 22 against Philadelphia. He also scored against the Hurricanes on Nov. 16. … Skinner’s waved off goal would have been the 200th goal of his career. … The Hurricanes saw their home win streak snapped at three games.UP NEXTIslanders: Host Minnesota on Monday.Hurricanes: Host New Jersey on Sunday.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de