weeks ago. Interestingly enough, it

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 13.12.2019 02:26
von elaine95 • 179 Beiträge

CINCINNATI (AP) — Broken coverage by broken coverage Womens Alex Redmond Jersey , missed tackle by missed tackle, yard by yard, the Bengals made history for horrific defense. Cincinnati keeps giving up big numbers, and now the losses are mounting, too.Drew Brees threw for three touchdowns, and the New Orleans Saints scored on every possession except the last one — when they took a knee — during a 51-14 victory on Sunday that left Cincinnati in disarray.The Bengals (5-4) have given up 500 yards in three straight games — a first in the Super Bowl era — and are on pace to give up an NFL record for yards in a season. Of all the bad showings on defense, this was the worst. The Saints (8-1) moved the ball even when they were trying to run out the clock. What little was left of the crowd of 52,492 booed loudly when it ended with New Orleans taking a knee three consecutive plays — technically, Cincinnati's only defensive stop of the day."I haven't seen anything like it," linebacker Preston Brown said. "Every week we're giving up too many yards."The Bengals knew they'd be in for some growing pains when they decided to field the youngest team in coach Marvin Lewis' 16 seasons, with most of the inexperience on defense. They also brought in coordinator Teryl Austin, who changed some of their schemes.It's not working, and the Bengals seem to have run out of ideas for what to do next."Obviously, your confidence gets shaken," Lewis said. "I just addressed that with them. They have to focus and get determined. It's their job to do it right."Shaken, and deeply disturbed."I'm kind of in shock after a loss like that http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-andy-dalton-jersey ," linebacker Jordan Evans said.In the last four games, the Bengals have given up 481, 551, 576 and 509 yards. They're allowing an average of 454 yards per game, worst in the league.They're on pace to allow 7,272 yards, which would be an NFL record. The 2012 Saints are the only team to give up 7,000 in a season, 7,042 in 2012.The Bengals opened the season 4-1 despite giving up a lot of yards. Four defensive touchdowns played major roles in the fast start, and the offense managed to keep up and pull out two wins at the end. With A.J. Green out indefinitely because of a toe injury, the offense is limited."We always want to score, but at the end of the day, our defense has got to get some stops," receiver Tyler Boyd said. "You can't let the other team score on every drive."That's what the Saints did.Brees led the Saints to touchdowns on all five first-half possessions with a nearly perfect performance — only two incompletions. His 17-yard TD to Michael Thomas with 2 seconds left in the half gave him 509 career touchdown passes, one more than Brett Favre for second on the career list. Peyton Manning holds the record with 539.Brees had his way with the Bengals' historically bad defense http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-tyler-kroft-jersey , even diving over the pile to score a 1-yard touchdown.The Bengals matched the most lopsided defeat in franchise history and gave up the second-most points in club history. In the first half alone, the Saints piled up 311 yards and had 21 first downs on 40 plays. The 28 points allowed in the second quarter matched the club record.Even more shocking: Cincinnati was coming out of a bye and had two weeks to prepare for the Saints. The Bengals thought they'd get some of their issues resolved."It didn't look like it," Brown said. "We gave up 500 yards." In a recent interview with The Orange and Black Insider podcast, one of the best players in Bengals history stopped by to talk about the team’s rookie offensive linemen, while reminiscing about Marvin Lewis and more!" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCincy Junglea Cincinnati Bengals communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryBengalsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections #BITESIZEFilm RoomRoster Transactions and ContractsOrange & Black InsiderSalary Cap And CBAFiled under:InterviewsVeterans of CincinnatiNFL DraftWillie Anderson likes what he sees from Bengals’ rookie offensive linemenNew,55commentsIn a recent interview with The Orange and Black Insider podcast, one of the best players in Bengals history stopped by to talk about the team’s rookie offensive linemen, while reminiscing about Marvin Lewis and more!EDTShareTweetShareShareWillie Anderson likes what he sees from Bengals’ rookie offensive linemenWhen you think of the best Bengals’ offensive linemen in team history, Willie Anderson is in the top-two or three for almost every Bengals fan. Manning the right side of Cincinnati’s line for 12 years, Anderson was one of the best draft picks the franchise has ever made and was criminally underrated for his era. It only made sense that one of the best Bengals’ linemen in team history chimed in on the team’s two exciting draft picks on the offensive line. Anderson joined us on this week’s Orange and Black Insider podcast episode and told us that he likes what he sees from both Jonah Williams and Michael Jordan. “I think so,” Anderson said about Williams’ ability to play left or right tackle right away for the Bengals. “If you noticed on Twitter I obviously follow a lot of SEC football Twitter accounts. I’ve been raving about Jonah all season. I’ve spoken to Jonah through social media, I’m real cool with his former offensive line coach, Brent Key, who’s now at Georgia Tech—my son plays at Georgia Tech, so I see coach Key a lot. I know what coach Key teaches...and I’ve had the chance to see Jonah through those techniques, and he’s done very well.”Later in the interview Boomer Esiason Jersey , Anderson talked about his post-NFL professional endeavor, which is teaching younger generations of football players the nuances of the offensive line. The reason we bring this up here is because it’s obvious that Anderson is still a tape guy and a continual student of the game. As he continued his assessment of Williams, he relied on his experiences, contacts and film study to note that the No. 11 overall pick is going to be the next great Bengals tackle. “I argued on Twitter with anyone who said ‘Man, he’s (Williams) going to be a guard,’” Anderson continued. “Like, man, this guy played left tackle in the SEC, blocking NFL guys...Playing left tackle and blocking guys well week-in, week-out for three years and starting at Alabama. So, I think he’s proven he can play tackle. I’m not big on necessarily pegging people as right or left tackle (right away), but playing tackle in the NFL is huge because every team has rushers that can come from everywhere. So, you better have good guards, and you better damn sure have two good tackles, and I think Jonah is going to prove the Bengals right.”NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah had Williams more pegged as a guard, but the Bengals had their first-round pick lining up at left tackle during their recent rookie minicamp. Jeremiah used Williams’ shorter arms and other reasons as to why he thinks he’d be a better NFL fit as an interior player. ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jordan Evans Jersey White , Jr. had a little more faith in Williams as an NFL tackle, but also harped on his potential of being a Pro Bowl guard. It’s unclear just how the line will be constructed, in terms of Week 1 starters, but one is inclined to believe that the No. 11 overall pick is one of the five best linemen they currently have on the roster. Common beliefs are that Williams will push Cordy Glenn and/or Bobby Hart for their respective starting tackle positions this year. Cincinnati continued its offensive line overhaul from the past two offseasons in the form of Jordan, their 2019 fourth-round selection. The Bengals moved up to grab him, as pundits love his athleticism and versatility. “As I told you guys earlier, I train kids like Paris Johnson, Jr., who’s an Ohio State commit and No. 1 offensive lineman in the country...Paris’ mom called me right before the Combine about the kid, Michael Jordan,” Anderson said of the Bengals’ fourth-round pick. “His (Jordan’s) dad wanted to catch up with me and train with us—we never got the chance to put it together—but, it was ironic that the Bengals picked him. I watched him as a dominant player at Ohio State, and I hope I get the chance to work with him.”The picks of Williams and Jordan are throwing the offensive line’s starting lineup into question, as both have tremendous upside. Ironically, Jordan took over at center for the Buckeyes last year after Billy Price was selected by the Bengals in the first round of last year’s draft. Jordan could take over the starting left guard spot, which is where he played while Price was with Ohio State Boomer Esiason Jersey White , as Clint Boling enters his ninth season in 2019. Also, on the interview:Anderson gave his thoughts on Drew Sample, whom he announced as the team’s second-round pick a few weeks ago. Interestingly enough, it was Marvin Lewis who worked with Anderson and the Bengals to coordinate his NFL Draft appearance in Nashville. The former Pro Bowl offensive lineman looked back at his time with Marvin Lewis, as well as ahead to what Zac Taylor has been building. Anderson talked about his linemen camps, as well as some promising college players he has been working with. Our thanks to “Big Willie” for joining us. Go check out what he’s doing at these sites, including one being a collaboration with former Bengals offensive line coach, Paul Alexander:http://willieandersonlinemanacademy.net/...ocoachnetworkIf you’re unable to join us live for here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at theobinsider@gmail.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels!

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de