eap shot, but life as a Dolphins fan has been tough of late. Enter the #DolphinsDrinkingGame. What

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 04.12.2019 08:35
von elaine95 • 179 Beiträge

It’s Back To Reality For Dolphin Fans Well Bobby McCain Jersey , we probably should have seen this one coming. Take an improving Miami Dolphins team that, although entering Sunday’s game at 3-0, easily could have lost two of its first three games, a still formidable New England Patriots squad that, after having lost two straight games, had something to prove and yet another contest at dreaded Gillette Stadium, where the Dolphins haven’t won in a decade and you have a ready made recipe for disaster. Sign up for FanPulse, our weekly Dolphins survey.How bad was it? At halftime , the score was 24-0 and the Dolphins had nearly as many penalty yards (89) as total yards of offense (105). Once again -- stop me if you’ve heard this one before -- Miami could neither convert a third down nor stop the other team on third down. The Patriots had a blissfully easy time pushing the ball down the field, being able to choose between gashing the Dolphins on the ground, to the tune of 178 yards on 37 carries before backup QB Bryan Hoyer’s three kneel downs at the end, or throwing at will against Miami’s feeble pass rush. Meanwhile, while the Patriots were averaging 4.8 yards per rush Jakeem Grant Jersey , the Dolphins could only muster 3.1 YPC themselves.Sure, the Dolphins are still in first place in the AFC East, but does anybody really expect them to beat the Bengals in Cincinnati next week after the way they played on Sunday? As Troy Aikman used to say in that commercial back in the 90’s, get real.I come away from this game with several cursory observations: number one, both of the Dolphins’ top two picks from the 2017 draft, defensive end Charles Harris and linebacker Raekwon McMillan, look like busts so far. I’ve been one of Harris’ biggest supporters to this point, but in extended action on Sunday against a banged up New England offensive line, he was virtually invisible. We can make excuses about McMillan’s knee still not being 100%, etc, but after a full year of meetings, film study and preparation, he still looks lost out there. Perhaps he’ll improve as the season wears on Vincent Taylor Jersey , but right now he’s much more of a liability than an asset on the field for Miami, and that’s been true in all four of the Dolphins’ games this season, not just this one. Being slow and having poor football instincts is a bad combination, especially for a guy who is the supposed quarterback of your defense.In the clip-and-save-for-future-reference department, the Dolphins still need an awful lot of help along the offensive line. The only two players they seem to be able to count on are their starting offensive tackles, and Tunsil didn’t exactly look good on Sunday, either. Miami needs to go into the off-season looking to acquire two or three starters at guard and center; both Josh Sitton and Daniel Kilgore were little more than band-aids to stop the bleeding coming into this season, while Ted Larson has done nothing to distinguish himself as Sitton’s replacement. If I were Dolphins GM Chris Grier, I might be tempted to use all my 2019 draft picks on linebackers and offensive linemen, with a couple of DB’s thrown in. Sunday’s thrashing should serve as a reminder of just how far away from contention the Miami Dolphins still are at this point, and let’s face it: squeaking into the playoffs as the fifth or sixth seed, only to be routed in an away game at the first or second seeded team’s venue is not what we, as fans Albert Wilson Jersey , should be rooting for. If we were to lose a couple more games and start having to look forward to the draft and next off-season, I for one would not be heartbroken. Yeah, I’ll take some heat for saying that, but that’s the way I see it. Hey, at least the team is headed in the right direction, which is something we couldn’t say with a straight face a couple of years ago. What the Buc?!" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesThe Phinsider homepageHorizontal - WhiteThe Phinsidera Miami Dolphins communityFollow The Phinsider online:Follow The Phinsider on TwitterFollow The Phinsider on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchThe Phinsider main menuSectionsFanpostsFanshotsLibraryDolphinsOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteSections 2018 NFL Draft2018 NFL Free Agency2018 Mock Drafts2018 Draft ProspectsDolphins Drinking Game - P2New,3commentsWhat the Buc?!EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Dolphins Drinking Game - P2TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailHide ya children, hide ya wife, cause your favorite game-within-the-game is back!Prepare Thy Liver!BACKSTORY & OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER:As a lifelong fan of the Miami Dolphins, going all the way back to the Stone Age of the early 1980s, I’ve learned that fandom isn’t always epic highs & euphoria. Hell, if the post-Marino era has taught us anything it’s that we as a franchise & fan base have been mostly spoiled for the bulk of our existence thanks to the leadership of “The Don” Shula and The Right Arm of God, Dan Marino.Since both stepped aside by the spring of 2000 Robert Quinn Jersey , the past 17 years have been about as fun as an involuntary colonoscopy thanks to poor leadership and mismanagement. Sure, we had that epic 2008 season, and a damn fine hot streak in 2016 that got short circuited by a cheap shot, but life as a Dolphins fan has been tough of late. Enter the #DolphinsDrinkingGame. What started as a sarcastic coping mechanism has manifested itself into a fun thing we can all participate in, provided we act like adults.And now comes the part when I implore you to approach this with a sense of humor and that whole “adult responsibility” thing. First, if you’re going to partake with adult beverages, do NOT get behind the wheel. Getting yourself and/or others hurt or killed is never worth it. Call a cab, request an UBER or get a designated driver. Second, nobody is saying you have to play along with alcohol. Feel free to use whatever beverage you like - ethically sourced non-GMO coffee, Earl Grey tea or even some dank runoff from Lake Okeechobee.Prayers up to Orthopedic Football Jesus!

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de