into a ride off into the sunset.<u></u>Although, as initially reported here several weeks ago, the league wants to get a new dea

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 26.11.2019 07:56
von elaine95 • 179 Beiträge

The ex-Patriot has helped Dwayne Haskins become a first-round prospect."When the New England Patriots are on the clock tomorrow night Jarrett Stidham Buffalo Bills Jersey , Dwayne Haskins is expected to be long gone: the Ohio State prospect is among the top quarterbacks to enter the 2019 draft and as such could become one of the first ten players to hear their names called by Roger Goodell on Thursday. At least indirectly, the Patriots have a hand in this as one of their former players has taken Haskins under his wings.Shawn Springs, who was in New England for the final season of his 13-year career, helped the quarterback grow into a likely day one selection. Springs guided Haskins through high school and helped him grow into one of the best quarterbacks college football had to offer last year: appearing in 14 games for the Buckeyes, Haskins completed 70% of his pass attempts for a combined 4,831 passing yards, 50 touchdowns and a mere 8 interceptions.For Springs Color Rush Byron Cowart Jersey , this development did not come as a surprise. “I knew he was going to be special,” he told Bleacher Report’s Adam Kramer early during Haskins’ final season at Ohio State — and the praise for the soon-to-be first-rounder did not stop there, as a former teammate of Springs’ also was mentioned by the now 44-year-old. “I’ve played with two quarterbacks in my life that I feel are better than him: Tom Brady and Warren Moon. I know how that sounds, but I truly believe it.”When he first saw Haskins throw a football, Springs was already retired from the league. After he joined the Patriots as a free agent in 2009 and quickly became a starting cornerback for the team, the veteran failed to establish himself as a reliable presence in New England’s secondary. The team therefore opted to cut Springs only one season into his three-year contract and after they had drafted Devin McCourty in the first round of the 2010 draft.Springs failed to find a new home and decided to step away from the game later that same year. Nine years after the former All-Pro’s retirement, his impact on the NFL will still be seen again in the form of Haskins: after watching him at a middle school passing camp Youth Byron Cowart Jersey , Springs became a mentor for the teenager and even convinced his family to relocate to Maryland to further help his growth into a four-star recruit and bona fide draft prospect.Haskins’ chance to live up to the expectations his mentor has in him will likely come with one of the quarterback-needy teams in the draft — the New York Giants and Washington Redskins are both seen as prime candidates to invest in Haskins should he be available. Springs’ final NFL team, of course, also is in the market for a passer considering that the aforementioned Tom Brady will turn 42 in August. However, Springs’ protégé is unlikely to fall down the board and into the Patriots’ range.Nevertheless, New England might still cross paths with Haskins — and by extension their former cornerback as well — in 2019 as both Washington and New York are on the reigning world champions’ schedule. There’s a new sheriff in town. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.Per a source with knowledge of the ongoing labor negotiations between the NFL and the NFL Players Association, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has taken a much more visible and vocal role, so far. He has become a driver of the discussions Womens Byron Cowart Jersey , emboldened by the perception (and to a large extent reality) that Patriots owner Robert Kraft played a major role in getting the 2011 deal done, following a lockout that lasted more than four months. Jones, apparently, wants to be the one who gets the credit for getting this one hammered out.Jones has made plenty of deals during his time in the NFL and prior to it, but he at times has a knack (in the opinion of some) for talking too much, which can lead to the ruffling of some feathers. Indeed, we’re told that Jones’ remarks regarding player health and safety during a bargaining session earlier this month sparked a spirited discussion with Bills linebacker Lorenzo Alexander Authentic Byron Cowart Jersey , a member of the NFLPA Executive Committee. While Jones apparently didn’t reprise his “if I didn’t have 50 concussions during my own football career I would have been the President” shtick from several years ago, it was enough to test the feel-good vibe that has characterized the discussions to date.Jones’ ascension also creates a bit of awkwardness regarding his 2017 assault on Commissioner Roger Goodell. But Goodell and Jones seem to have patched things up (at least enough to work together), and there’s a belief that Goodell hopes to parlay a new CBA into a new round of TV networks into a ride off into the sunset.<u></u>Although, as initially reported here several weeks ago, the league wants to get a new deal in place before the start of the NFL’s 100th season, that could be an unrealistic objective, it’s not out of the question that a deal will be done in time to be annouced in the days preceding the Super Bowl White Drew Bledsoe Jerseys , possibly with both the CBA and TV planes landing at or about the same time.It remains too early to know whether any potential timeline will become the actual timeline, because the deal has far too many moving parts. And the reality is that it’s far too early to know whether the direct involvement of one of the NFL’s biggest movers and shakers could make a good outcome for all parties more likely, or less likely.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de