The Latest on the NFL owners meetings Tuesday

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 15.11.2019 03:24
von zhangzk • 148 Beiträge

There’s nothing on the football field Jon Gruden likes more than a big-time playmaker.His Raiders’ trade with Pittsburgh brought to Oakland one of the game’s most dangerous scoring threats in wideout Antonio Brown.“You have to know where he is http://www.tampabaybuccaneersteamonline.com/matt-gay-jersey ,” Gruden began. “He can help your running game. Put a safety over the top to double that guy, that helps you run the ball, I tell you. It helps the other guy on the other side. That’s why getting Tyrell Williams was huge. Somebody that can take advantage of some one-on-one looks.“It’s also nice to have a receiver who couldn’t care less what the coverage is. I remember Jerry Rice one year, he was so good. I used to see Jerry break the huddle and three (defensive) guys look for him: ‘There he is. Don’t let him catch the ball.’ Then at the end, Jerry had eight catches for 140 yards. He did it every week.“It is great to have a guy who can win. We have to do our part. It is a great responsibility for us to help Antonio Brown be one of the great Raiders of all time.”Gruden took a moment to catch his breath, then spoke about Brown’s skills at freelancing when a play breaks down. He believes that will provide a huge help to quarterback Derek Carr.“It’s huge. That’s where the great ones … that’s the true measuring stick of what makes a receiver great,” he said. “Because they are disguising coverage not just to fool the quarterback, they are disguising coverage to fool the wideout. Boom, they rotate to him. What are you going to do?“Some guys don’t see it and react as quick as others. The great ones, they see it and they can do it at full speed. It’s awesome. When you watch Antonio play, a lot of his production was on scramble plays.“Hopefully we can get Derek to create more on his own http://www.tennesseetitansteamonline.com/a.j.-brown-jersey , maybe a little better protection, maybe he can buy a little more time and let Antonio go over there, then go over there, then go over there and make a play or two.” Panthers quarterback Kyle Allen did something Sunday that was previously done by Kurt Warner �? a Hall of Famer and one of the best stories in history (not just football history).And yet, Allen understands that in this particular chapter, he’s not really the main character.With yesterday’s win over the Jaguars, Allen became the first undrafted quarterback to win his first four career starts since 1999, when Warner did it for the Rams.This one is slightly different, and Allen has the self-awareness to know it.“It helps when you rush for 285 yards, I’ll say that,�? Allen said http://www.tennesseetitansteamonline.com/amani-hooker-jersey , via Max Henson of the team’s official website. “I don’t know, I mean, it’s cool.”Allen’s handled this well, even if some of his fans have not. His winning streak stands in stark contrast to Cam Newton losing his previous eight starts. But that conveniently ignores that Newton has been physically broken throughout that streak, dealing with either a shoulder that needed surgery or a foot that has knocked him out for the foreseeable future.But Allen has been efficient, completing 65.0 percent of his passes, and throwing seven touchdowns with no interceptions. But he has fumbled six times, losing four, and is averaging 225.5 passing yards per game, so there’s clearly room for improvement.Stepping into an offense that was built to complement Newton with playmakers, being well enough to do so Taylor Rapp Jersey , and having the luxury of handing it Christian McCaffrey approximately 973 times a game helps.“Winning is fun,�? Allen said. “I’m happy for this team. To bounce back from a rough start, and now we’re 3-2. A long way to go obviously, but I’m happy with the way we fought.“I think you can see that with us on the field, we’re never out of the game. We’re going to keep fighting no matter what, and we are going to win games in different ways because we can.”Put simply, Allen is doing the thing backups are supposed to do, and has the Panthers in position to succeed while Newton recovers.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3133 Themen und 3283 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de