Derek Carr avoided a sack, stepped up in the pocket

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 24.09.2019 04:18
von zhangzk • 148 Beiträge

OAKLAND Julian Love Jersey , Calif. (AP) — Brandon LaFell for a go-ahead 6-yard touchdown pass late in the third quarter for the Oakland Raiders.He then let out a scream in his most boisterous celebration of the season, letting out the pent up frustration from one of the more trying weeks of his career.It proved to be short-lived relief as the Raiders collapsed again in the fourth quarter and lost for the sixth time in seven games this season, falling 42-28 to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday.Carr’s no-good, very bad week that started with a trade of his No. 1 receiver Amari Cooper, featured reports questioning his toughness and his teammates’ belief in him as well as his long-term future with the Raiders ended with another loss.“I had to answer some funny questions, but you know I know that you guys have to do your jobs,” Carr said. “It’s nothing personal, I know that. It was different. If I’m being honest as a human, it was hard. A lot of the stuff that was going around, I was like http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/darius-slayton-jersey , ‘Man, that’s just not true and that hurts.’ Especially just as a man, not even a football player. My goodness, enough is enough. Just to be able to go out here and play football again.”Carr played well, throwing three touchdown passes and running it in for a fourth score. He completed 17 straight passes at one point and played turnover-free for just the second time this season.But it wasn’t enough to get the Raiders (1-6) out of their rut thanks to an even better performance from Andrew Luck and the Colts (3-5), who broke the game open with three touchdowns in the fourth quarter.“I think he’s the strength of this team and I’m excited about him,” coach Jon Gruden said.Here are some other takeaways from the game:MOST POINTS IN NFL HISTORYVinatieri set the record as the NFL’s top all-time scorer in the first half. He kicked a 26-yard field goal in the first quarter to tie Morten Andersen with 2,544 points and then added a 25-yarder late in the second to set the record. Vinatieri scored three more points, giving him 2,550 for his career.“I never thought I’d play that long,” said the 45-year-old Vinatieri Quinnen Williams Jersey , who is in his 23rd NFL season. “I never thought I’d be standing here talking to you guys about all-time records. But I love my teammates — all of them — for the last 20-something years, unselfishly going out there and helping me do my job. A lot of great memories along the way. I think that’s the best part about this day — less the record and more that we got the record in a win.”TIGHT END TRIOLuck threw TD passes to tight ends Mo Alie-Cox, Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle, making the Colts the first team since the 1970 merger to get TD catches from three tight ends in the same game. Doyle’s 10-yarder put the Colts up for good but the most impressive was the first, a 26-yarder with one hand by Alie-Cox.“I don’t get too emotional on the sideline, but I got pretty jacked up after that catch,” coach Frank Reich said. “That was unreal. That catch will rival anything that we’ll see. Big time.”MIGHTY MACKColts running back Marlon Mack followed up last week’s career-best, 126-yard performance against Buffalo with an even better one. He ran for 132 yards and two TDs. This is just the sixth time the Colts have had a 100-yard rusher during Luck’s seven NFL seasons and the first time since Joseph Addai did it in 2007 that a back topped the century mark in consecutive games.“Definitely as a running back, more carries you feel like you get more comfortable in the game,” Mack said. “That really, truly helps you out. Even if you do get less http://www.newyorkjetsteamonline.com/jachai-polite-jersey , you have to make what (they give you) work.”MARTIN’S GAFFEThe game turned in the fourth quarter when Doug Martin fumbled on the first play from scrimmage after Luck’s TD pass to Doyle had given the Colts the lead. That set up Mack’s second TD run and spoiled what had been a promising day for Martin in his first start in place of the injured Marshawn Lynch. Martin had 13 carries for 72 yards and caught two passes for 17.“To fumble like that at the end, it sucks but a lot of guys went out there and played their hearts out,” Martin said. “They put it all out there on the field.” With all those millions of dollars promised to newcomers, NFL teams have been scrambling to get their ledgers in order as the new business year begins.While the likes of Drew Brees, Malcolm Butler and Andrew Norwell cash in bigtime, other stars either redo their deals or get released.On Wednesday, hours before the 4 p.m. official opening of free agency, Arizona released safety Tyrann Mathieu when it couldn’t rework his deal. On Tuesday, the Cardinals let running back Adrian Peterson go.Baltimore cut receiver Jeremy Maclin. But Carolina had more success with a veteran, completing a one-year deal with defensive end Julius Peppers.The 38-year-old Peppers, who contemplated retirement after 17 pro seasons Chuma Edoga Jersey , remains with the Panthers for $5 million, with $2.5 million guaranteed, a person familiar with the situation said. The person spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday on condition of anonymity because the team does not release financial terms of contracts.Cleveland, meanwhile, did nothing more than listen to one of its greatest players, tackle Joe Thomas, announce his retirement. The Browns save his $10.3 million salary for 2018 and a $3 million bonus but lose their best player and leader in the expansion era (1999-present), a 10-time Pro Bowler.“This was an extremely difficult decision, but the right one for me and my family,” Thomas said. “Playing in the NFL has taken a toll on my body and I can no longer physically compete at the level I need to.”CARDINALSMathieu was due for $18.75 million of his contract to be guaranteed when the league year officially begins. By cutting him, Arizona will save close to $5 million in cap space.Mathieu became a star in the Arizona secondary after being selected in the third round of the 2013 draft following a troubled college career at LSU. He was an All-Pro in 2015 http://www.newyorkjetsteamonline.com/trevon-wesco-jersey , when he had five interceptions and 17 passes defensed.But he also has been plagued by injuries and only last season did Mathieu appear in all 16 games.RAVENSBaltimore frees up an estimated $5 million in salary cap space by releasing Maclin, who signed on as a free agent in June. But Maclin missed two games with a shoulder injury, two more with knee issues, and finished with only 40 catches for 440 yards and three touchdowns. The 84 receptions he had over the past two seasons (2016 with Kansas City) are three fewer than he had with the Chiefs in 2015.GIANTSNew York agreed with offensive tackle Nate Solder, late of the Patriots, to become its starter on the left side. Solder, 29, will get a four-year contract worth about $62 million.The Giants can move 2015 first-round draft pick Ereck Flowers to the right side as they rebuild a line that has struggled for years.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3133 Themen und 3283 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de