Terrell Suggs is leaving the Baltimore Raven

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 02.09.2019 03:15
von panxing18 • 248 Beiträge

BALTIMORE (AP) — s after pursuing opposing quarterbacks and providing boisterous leadership on and off the field for 16 seasons.The seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker told the Ravens that he won’t be coming back Youth Tony Jefferson Jersey , people with direct knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press.The people spoke on condition of anonymity Monday because his departure won’t be official until the NFL’s new year begins Wednesday.An unrestricted free agent, the 36-year-old Suggs said at the end of the 2018 season that he wanted to spend his entire career in Baltimore.After Baltimore was ousted from the playoffs with a loss to the Los Angeles Chargers on Jan. 6, Suggs said: “I would love to be a Raven for life. I’m healthy, and I still feel like I have some juice in the tank. I would love to be a Raven for life. We’ll have to see what happens. It’s a long time between here and March. So, we’re just going to enjoy it and hope we can work it out. If not, I’ll be lining up for somebody next year.”Several reports indicate Suggs will sign a one-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals. Suggs played at Arizona State before being drafted by the Ravens in the first round in 2003.Suggs was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2011. He is the Ravens’ career leader with 132½ sacks, tied with Lawrence Taylor and Leslie O’Neal for 13th most in NFL history.More than just a star on the field Stitched Willie Snead Jersey , Suggs took over a leadership role in the locker room and on the field after Ray Lewis retired following Baltimore’s Super Bowl victory in 2013.“That’s a big brother, man. That’s a mentor,” Ravens linebacker Matthew Judon said of Suggs after the 2018 season. “He’s meant a lot, and he’s done a lot for me and my game and my craft. You can’t say enough good words about him and what he’s done.”Although Suggs had only seven sacks in 2018, none over the final four games (including playoffs), the Ravens hoped to convince him to return.Since ending a three-year playoff drought in 2018, the Ravens have lost Suggs and safety Eric Weddle. In addition Youth Willie Snead Jersey , the imminent trade of quarterback Joe Flacco to Denver occurs this week.The Ravens could also lose linebacker C.J. Mosley to free agency. An unrestricted free agent, Mosley has not agreed to a contract and, barring a last-minute deal, will enter the open market on Wednesday. The Baltimore Ravens have made a roster move on Wednesday afternoon as they have placed running back Kenneth Dixon on injured reserve and promoted undrafted free agent running back De’Lance Turner to the active roster. Dixon has been a disappointment since being drafted in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. He has only played in 13 games in three seasons as he has suffered four knee injuries and a hamstring injury. Dixon has also had a couple of suspensions. He has plenty of talent, and he was regarded as one of the sleeper prospects in his draft class. At Louisiana Tech, he surpassed 1,000 rushing yards in three of his four seasons. He was a touchdown machine as he rushed for 72 career touchdowns Stitched Robert Griffin Jersey , while also adding 15 career receiving touchdowns.He will now go to injured reserve, but this does not necessarily mean that his season is over. The Ravens can designate him as one of their two injured reserve-designated to return players. They do not have to designate him as one of those spots immediately, but the most essential requirement is that Dixon must miss eight games.As for Turner, the Ravens opted to promote him over Gus Edwards, who, arguably, had a better preseason. However Youth Robert Griffin Jersey , Turner will bring a different skillset to Baltimore’s running back room. He is a home run threat, who can also return kicks and punts. Turner took reps at returner during training camp, and he has limited experience as a returner at Alcorn State. The most memorable preseason moment for Turner was his 65-yard touchdown run in week three of the preseason against the Miami Dolphins. On a trap concept, he was able to outrun several defenders en route to the end zone. This play could have been the deciding factor between him or Edwards.With Alex Collins and Javorius Allen firmly cemented as the top two running backs, Turner may not see extended action on Thursday night.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3135 Themen und 3285 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de