Aaron Donald is his own worst critic. Nothing

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 07.08.2019 04:42
von panxing18 • 248 Beiträge

is going to change that Dakota Allen Los Angeles Rams Jerseys , not even a contract extension that briefly made the Los Angeles Rams' All-Pro lineman the highest-paid defender in NFL history.Donald was not pleased with his performance in the Rams' opener, recording one tackle in the 33-13 victory at Oakland on Monday night. With a few days to reflect on his first game since agreeing to a six-year, $135-million deal, he stood by that initial assessment, but acknowledged it was an much a motivational ploy as a genuine assessment."That's just about trying to push myself and get myself better, you know," Donald said Thursday. "Still got to get better each day. I just got to keep working."Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips understood Donald's thinking, but felt the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year was mostly effective in getting past the Raiders offensive line, even if it did not always result in him pressuring quarterback Derek Carr. Donald did sack Carr in the first quarter, but it was negated by a roughing the passer penalty for a low tackle.What kept Donald from getting more hurries and hits on Carr, Phillips said, was a game plan designed to get the ball out of the quarterback's hands quickly. The reluctance of opposing offenses to employ a vertical passing offense against a defensive line of Donald, Michael Brockers and free-agent signing Ndamukong Suh and cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters might be among the few obstacles to keep Donald from recording at least eight sacks for the fifth consecutive season."The guy got rid of the ball, the quarterback got rid of the ball. But I thought Aaron was past whoever he was rushing against a lot of the time, and that's what you look at," Phillips said."He made a lot of disruptions, but he's the type of guy who wants to make that bigger impact on the game and want to get them sacks and tackle for losses and just ultimately dominate the game," Brockers said.Everything else about Donald's performance against Oakland following his second consecutive lengthy offseason holdout looked solid.Having tailored his workouts based on his 2017 experience, when he reported to the team one day before the season opener after missing all of training camp Dakota Allen Jersey Baby , Donald played in 89 percent of the defensive snaps against Oakland to lead all Rams linemen.Donald would not get into the specifics of how he changed his regiment, joking asking, "Are you trying to learn what I'm doing? I don't want everybody knowing my training. But I worked hard this offseason. I did a lot of different things."Along with his endurance, Donald displayed a rapport with Suh as the game went on.However, it was Brockers who had the Rams' only sack, leading to Donald having some fun by joining a group of reporters and asking, "How did you enjoy your sack, sir?""That was glorious," Brockers playfully responded.What would be even more marvelous for Rams fans is seeing Suh, Brockers and Donald impose their will on quarterbacks, starting with Arizona's Sam Bradford on Sunday. Donald is adamant the trio's ability to take over games will manifest sooner than later."We such a solid group and we got so many big-time playmakers, you know, at times we got to take over games," Donald said. "And we got to keep getting better as players, as a unit, and we'll gel a lot better, too, the more we play."NOTES: LB Mark Barron (ankle) did not practice for the second straight day. Barron has been dealing with a Achilles tendon injury since last season, and Phillips said it could linger throughout this season. "There's going to be a point when he can (play) I hope Dakota Allen Jersey nfl draft , and we hope it's this week," Phillips said. Ty Montgomery's fourth-quarter fumble on a kickoff return was only the final big blow to the Green Bay Packers' hopes of knocking off the unbeaten Los Angeles Rams.Montgomery's mistake was far from the only error Sunday that left Green Bay's half of the rowdy Coliseum crowd going home unhappy despite an occasionally inspired effort by their team."That play didn't lose the game, but it definitely took away an opportunity for us to go down and win it," Aaron Rodgers said of Montgomery's fumble.Other plays loomed just as large to Rodgers and coach Mike McCarthy after the Rams salted away their 29-27 victory without letting Rodgers touch the ball in the final 5:20.The Packers were on the brink of a statement victory after rallying from a 10-point deficit late in the third quarter. Green Bay had a one-point lead and the ball with 6:49 to play, but the Packers only ended up making a statement about their own inconsistency."You got to play a fully complete game, and we didn't do that," said receiver Davante Adams, who had five catches for 133 yards.A sequence in the second quarter fundamentally switched the momentum away from the Packers (3-3-1), who had built a 10-0 lead — the largest anybody has taken on the Rams all season long — shortly before halftime thanks to outstanding work on both sides of the ball."We came out with that energy," Packers nose tackle Kenny Clark said. "We started really fast. Like I said earlier, I think we did a lot of good things. It's just disappointing for us to lose the game."Sam Shields started the momentum swing against his former team when he tiptoed along the goal line to down a punt by Johnny Hekker, trapping the Packers at their 1. Green Bay's next play was a run up the middle by Aaron Jones, and the Rams' fearsome defensive front stuffed it for a safety.Los Angeles awoke after that stop, both in the stands and on the field. Jared Goff's offense immediately drove for its first touchdown in the final minute of the first half.The Packers lamented losing that hard-earned momentum after a largely stellar defensive first half. Green Bay sacked Jared Goff five times, including twice by Clark, and had eight tackles for loss against LA's powerhouse offense."They've had the success they've had with a lot smoke and mirrors, good play-calling, speed and misdirection," Packers linebacker Clay Matthews said. "We came out and made it kind of dirty and grimy Infant Dakota Allen Jersey , really got after them, hit the quarterback. Obviously they found their footing in the second half, maybe late in the first half. But then we put it back on them at the end of the game. We did just enough for our offense to get down there. It really is a shame the way in which we dropped that game. You'd like to think, if we see these guys again ... but at 3-3-1, we need to start winning these games."Rodgers still had the ball with the chance to lead a clock-draining drive with 6:49 left. Instead, the Rams lost 6 yards on three plays before a 25-yard punt by JK Scott. The Rams got a go-ahead field goal on the short field, and Montgomery fumbled moments later.The Packers realize they're gaining a reputation as a team that plays to the level of its opposition. As they reach the midpoint of their season, they know they're running out of time to put together full games — particularly since their next game is at mighty New England."I don't understand that, honestly," Clark said. "In my mind, I swear, if we play games like that, we're going to win a lot of games. I don't really know how else to explain it. We've got to come out there like that every game. I really feel like we can get teams on their heels, and with the offense that we have, we can put up points and get up on guys easy."

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3135 Themen und 3285 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de