Patrick Mahomes was six years old when Tom Brady w

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 27.07.2019 05:42
von panxing18 • 248 Beiträge

on his first Super Bowl The most enduring reference from John Ford’s classic 1962 Western The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance — a story about a young lawyer named Ransom Stoddard Khalen Saunders Jersey Mens , who is mistakenly credited by the townspeople as the man who killed the outlaw who had been terrorizing them — was spoken by reporter Maxwell Scott, who was interviewing Stoddard many years later to get the facts of the story.After Stoddard (played by Jimmy Stewart) explains that it was Tom Doniphon (played by John Wayne) who had actually killed Liberty Valance, Stoddard asks Scott if he’s going to use the story he’s just been told.“This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.”There was a bit of that going on during Wednesday’s media session at Arrowhead, in advance of Sunday’s game between the Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots.Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was six years old on February 3, 2002, when New England quarterback Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl against the St. Louis Rams.So it was only natural for reporters to ask Mahomes — now 23 — about playing against the 41-year-old Brady.Mahomes was asked where he was and what he was doing when Tom Brady “stepped in for Drew Bledsoe to beat the Rams” — a reference to Brady’s first Super Bowl win.Except that’s not what actually happened.Brady replaced Bledsoe earlier that season, when he was injured in the fourth quarter of a Week 2 loss to the New York Jets.Brady started every game thereafter.But you can’t expect Mahomes to correct a reporter about something that happened when he was six.So he gamely answered the question.“I was very young,” Mahomes said. “I don’t remember those first few Super Bowls he won. I remember the Super Bowl snow game where they kicked the field goal for the win. Seeing his successes year-in and year-out as I’ve gotten older is truly special — to see all of that hard work pay off.”If you haven’t yet seen it, the video of this response is priceless.Except... Mahomes didn’t get his facts straight, either.The Patriots have never won a Super Bowl by kicking a field goal in the snow.Mahomes was apparently referring to the 2001 divisional playoff game between the Patriots and the Oakland Raiders, which was played two weeks before Brady’s first Super Bowl win.In that game — better known as the Tuck Rule Game — Patriots placekicker Adam Vinatieri kicked a 45-yard field goal from a snow-covered field to send the game into overtime, and another 23-yard field goal to win the game.But I’m not here to poke Mahomes for not remembering that he’s likely only seen the Tuck Rule Game years later on tape.I just like making fun of reporters who get their facts wrong.Besides, without realizing it Khalen Saunders Jersey nfl draft , Mahomes explained how he probably came to see film of this famous game.It happened when he was asked if he had spent time studying Brady.“Yes, I definitely watched a good amount of him in college,” he said. “Coach Kingsbury actually played with Tom at one point. He liked to show me some things that he did where he was in the pocket, his pocket movements and things like that. I have definitely taken some things from him. He does it at such a high level, it’s something you have to strive to be like.”When asked, Mahomes said he was looking forward to the opportunity to play “against” Brady, and took the opportunity to remind reporters the two of them wouldn’t be on the field at the same time.Mahomes in New England as the Chiefs’ backup prior to the game last season. Alex Smith was the starter.Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images“It is going to be a great opportunity. He is one of the greatest quarterbacks — if not the greatest — to ever play. I am going against their defense, but as a team we are going to go in and try to compete. They are a good team in the AFC every single year. Just to compete against one of the best teams in the league is going to be an awesome opportunity.”Still, Mahomes remains fairly matter-of-fact about what the Chiefs will face against New England.“First off, they are going to have a game plan on trying to stop some of your better guys. With us, I feel like the mentality we’ve had this entire season is that whoever is open, give them the ball and let them make the play is going to help us out a ton. They are going to do some stuff to try to confuse me, but I am going to try to maintain our game plan and keep working.”Mahomes — who is currently exceeding Brady in almost all NFL passing statistics — was asked if he considers Brady to be the best of all time.“That’s a hard question. It kind of depends on what you like. I don’t necessarily know if I have just one that I would say is the best. He’s the one who won all the championships. That’s one of the biggest parts about it.”Mahomes is exactly right about that.Brady now has five Super Bowl rings — more than any other quarterback.That would be a worthy goal for Mahomes to achieve — so that in 2035, another young quarterback can be asked about where they were and what they were doing when Patrick Mahomes won his first Super Bowl.Hopefully, he’ll mistake a dramatic Mahomes highlight he’s seen from this Sunday’s game as something that happened in a Super Bowl.Because this is the NFL.When the legend becomes fact Eric Murray Jersey , print the legend. The Chiefs made some roster moves official ahead of rookie minicamp Saturday."The Kansas City Chiefs released three players and signed one ahead of rookie minicamp, which begins on Saturday, May 4. The Chiefs released wide receiver Josh Crockett, defensive tackle Henry Mondeaux and fullback Aaron Ripkowski and signed Old Dominion defensive end Tim Ward.Chiefs general manager Brett Veach explained that 6-foot-6, 255-pound Ward was a player the team discovered while scouting his teammate, Oshane Ximines, who was taken in the third round of the NFL Draft by the New York Giants.“[Ward] was a guy that tore his knee, I don’t know that he’ll be ready this year, but he’s going to be a prototypical Steve Spagnuolo defensive end,” Veach said on a conference call last Monday. “He’s long, athletic, started playing football late, and everyone kind of went in there to evaluate the Ximines kid who got drafted at Old Dominion, this was a kid that one of our scouts, Mike Davis Kendall Fuller Jersey , had mentioned, ‘Hey, they’ve got this other defensive end and he’s raw as all get-out, started playing football late.’ The late tape at Old Dominion he really started coming on, we had him in here for one of the workouts here. The NFL conducted another combine here that we had and he had come to that. Spent a lot of time with him. You may not see him this year, but we’re going to take our time with his rehab, we’re not going to rush him, and he could be a guy that could really develop and be a player in the future.”Crockett spent last season on the Chiefs’ practice squad, while the other two releases were signed by the Chiefs earlier this offseason.Late Friday evening, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Chiefs gave former Syracuse wide receiver Jamal Custis $100,000 in guaranteed money to sign with the club.That probably means that Custis has a solid chance at making the final 53-man roster. Friend-of-the-site Terez Paylor chimed in with some other details on the undrafted free agents’ contracts on Friday.Thor Nystrom of Rotoworld.com graded the Chiefs with the best undrafted free agent class.The Chiefs’ undrafted free agent additions should be finalized by the time the team takes the field early Saturday afternoon. We’ll keep you updated.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3135 Themen und 3285 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de