"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants N

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 15.07.2019 08:54
von panxing18 • 248 Beiträge

Wayne Gallman gets some competitionewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015 Daniel Jones Jersey , Week 17New York Giants NewsGiants Free Agency 2019Rod Smith signing: Giants sign former Dallas Cowboys running backNew,57commentsWayne Gallman gets some competitionEDTShareTweetShareShareRod Smith signing: Giants sign former Dallas Cowboys running backRod SmithMatthew Emmons-USA TODAY SportsLooking for depth and competition behind Saquon Barkley, the New York Giants on Wednesday signed former Dallas Cowboys running back Rod Smith.The 27-year-old Smith is a big back, 6-foot-3, 235 pounds. In four seasons mostly with Dallas (he played one game for the Seattle Seahawks in 2015), Smith carried the ball 101 times for 364 yards (3.6 yards per carry) with 5 touchdowns. He also caught 30 passes.Smith’s best season was 2017 when he carried 55 times for 232 yards (4.2 yards per carry)and scored 4 touchdowns.The primary backup behind Barkley last season was Wayne Gallman. Gallman, who is entering his third season, rushed for 176 yards on 51 carries and caught 14 passes last year.The Giants also have Paul Perkins and Robert Martin on their roster.Smith originally made the Seattle roster in 2015 as an undrafted free agent. After one game in Seattle, Dallas claimed him on waivers. Dane Brugler, Ben Solak lay out plans for the Giants"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 172019 NFL Draft7-round New York Giants mock drafts: Pair of draft analysts offer their choicesNew,62commentsDane Brugler, Ben Solak lay out plans for the GiantsEDTShareTweetShareShare7-round New York Giants mock drafts: Pair of draft analysts offer their choicesSingle-round mock drafts can get boring and repetitive after a while Daniel Jones Color Rush Jersey , even with the New York Giants holding two picks in Round 1 of the 2019 NFL Draft. That is one of the reasons I occasionally simulate complete 7-round Giants mock drafts for you.Today, for your discussion, are a pair of 7-round mock drafts. One is from Dane Brugler of The Athletic [subscription only] and the other is from Benjamin Solak of The Draft Network. Brugler’s is a complete 254-pick mock, but I will give you only the Giants selections. Solak’s is Giants only.Brugler’s mockRound 1 No. 6) — DT Ed OliverRound 1 (No. 17) — QB Daniel JonesRound 2 (No. 37) — OT Greg LittleRound 3 (No. 95) — WR Miles BoykinRound 4 (No. 108) — EDGE Christian MillerRound 4 (No. 132) — CB Jimmy MorelandRound 5 (No. 142) — CB Saivion SmithRound 5 (No. 143) — OG/C Lamont GaillardRound 5 (No. 171) — DL Armon WattsRound 6 (No. 180) — DS Evan WorthingtonRound 7 (No. 232) — LB T.J. EdwardsRound 7 (No. 245) — WR Jazz FergusonBrugler on Oliver: There are scheme fit questions with this pairing, but Giants’ defensive coordinator James Bettcher uses multiple fronts and shouldn’t have any issues putting Oliver in position to succeed. General Manager Dave Gettleman believes in drafting traits and wasn’t shy targeting defensive tackles early in the draft when he was in charge in Carolina (Star Lotulelei, Kawann Short, Vernon Butler).Brugler on Jones: Mapping out quarterback landing spots in a first-round mock draft is like playing matchmaker and finding two alike partners. That is certainly the case with Jones to the Giants with his connection to the Manning family and a situation where he can develop at his own pace behind the starter.Solak’s mockRound 1 No. 6) — OT Jawaan TaylorRound 1 (No. 17) — Edge Clelin FerrellRound 2 (No. 37) — CB Amani OruwayireRound 3 (No. 95) — QB Tyree JacksonRound 4 (No. 108) — WR Dillon MitchellRound 4 (No. 132) — LB David LongRound 5 (No. 142) — WR Keesean JohnsonRound 5 (No. 143) — S Khari WillisRound 5 (No. 171) — Edge Carl GrandersonRound 6 (No. 180) — TE Andrew BeckRound 7 (No. 232) — DL Kevin WilkinsRound 7 (No. 245) — OT Casey TuckerSolak on Taylor: I know, I know. The effort of last year’s draft was to shore up the offense and the running game/OL in particular; this year, Gettleman wants to attack the defense. But they’re just a RT away from having that offensive line locked up, and Taylor is a Top-10 talent in this class. I wouldn’t want to pass him up.There’s no real weakness to Taylor’s game, and he’s ready to start in Year 1 -- with Nate Solder, Will Hernandez, and Kevin Zeitler Daniel Jones Giants Jersey , Taylor completes a total retooling of the offensive front and stamps the new offensive tone for the Gettleman/Shurmur-era Giants. If Eli can’t win behind this line, he can’t win at all.Solak on Ferrell: Great range for Ferrell, an EDGE who could go Top-10 in a=most classes, but falls into the teens in this stacked group. Ferrell is long, strong, and pro-ready, with a great profile to contribute in Year 1 -- the Giants desperately need that, having shucked all of their veteran pass-rushers and replaced them with...Markus Golden.I didn’t go quarterback here because, while I think it’s in heavy consideration, I don’t think the Giants fancy themselves in such a need that they would pass over a player like Ferrell for a Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins. Maybe I’m wrong -- and Giants fans should hope I am, because this team needs a quarterback -- but this is a bang-up first round regardless.Which scenario do you like better, Giants fans?

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de