The New York Yankees suffered a double loss on Sund

in Öffentlicher Bereich :) 14.05.2019 03:35
von panxing18 • 248 Beiträge

ay.The Yankees Manuel Margot Jersey , heading for the American League wild card and fighting to maintain home-field advantage for that game against the Oakland A’s, failed to finish off a sweep of the Baltimore Orioles, blowing a 3-0 lead and losing, 6-3.Then, after the game, New York manager Aaron Boone revealed Didi Gregorius suffered torn cartilage in his right wrist diving into home with the run that clinched the Yankees’ return to the postseason.Article continues below ...The shortstop received a cortisone injection and reported improvement after Sunday’s game.“Didi’s a great player and obviously I think everyone in this room understands how important he is to our team,” Boone said after the game. “Kind of an anchor for us defensively in the infield, and obviously what he brings from the left side of the plate. So, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there, but hopefully we get some good news here in a few days.” The most likely move for the Yankees, who finished their home schedule Sunday and open a four-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays Monday night in St. Petersburg, would be to shift Gleyber Torres back to second base and play Neil Walker at second with Gregorius out.Gregorius is batting .268, with a career-high 27 homers, 86 RBIs and 10 stolen bases this season.“Well it feels a little bit better now http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-brad-hand-jersey ,” he said. “I know it happened yesterday during the game. I slid into home plate, my right hand got stuck. We were celebrating everything was fine. I went home, fine. I woke up this morning, it wasn’t feeling good. I came up here and we did an MRI. It showed I had a small tear in the wrist.”The Yankees maintained their 1 1/2-game lead over the Oakland A’s for home field in the wild card as the A’s lost to the Minnesota Twins in Oakland.The loss kept champagne on ice for the A’s, and allows the Rays to live another day in their late-season chase for the second wild card — the Oakland magic number remaining at 1.Blake Snell won his 21st game of the season and moved a step closer to the Rays’ second Cy Young Award Sunday in Toronto.While the Yankees have not named a starter for Monday, Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said he will start “opener” Diego Castillo, with rookie Ryan Yarbrough, a 15-game winner, getting the bulk of the innings.Monday is Luis Severino’s regular day but no starter had been announced for the visitors, who missed a chance to go a season-high 37 games over .500 Sunday.Snell joined David Price as the Rays’ only 20-game winners and passed Price for most wins in a season. His ERA is down to 1.90 and he struck out 11 in 6 2/3 scoreless innings Sunday.“I think he’s pretty much cemented his case that he belongs not just in the (Cy Young) conversation, but right at the top of the list,” Cash said.Said teammate Kevin Kiermaier: “If today wasn’t a final nod, then I don’t know what is. The guy is just absolutely dominant.”The Rays lead the season series with the Yankees 8-7, but have gone 5-1 against New York at the Trop.Willie Adames missed Sunday’s game for Tampa Bay because of illness and Kiermaier left the game after running into the wall in the eighth inning — and is considered day-to-day.For the Yankees Austin Hedges Jersey , Aaron Hicks, who had the winning hit Saturday, fouled a ball off his ankle before getting the hit and was rested Sunday.The Yankees have three possibilities to start the wild-card game and will spend this week both trying to nail down the home field and getting things in line.“We want to be at home,” said Boone.The Yankees and A’s split six games this season, but the Yankees currently hold the tiebreaker for home field because of their divisional record (39-30/35-35).Severino is 7-2 with a 3.06 ERA lifetime against the Rays, 2-1 with a 3.43 in St. Petersburg. He is 2-1 against Tampa Bay this season but was strafed by the Rays in July.Mallex Smith is 3-for-10 (.300) against Severino, but both Jesus Sucre and Joey Wendle are 1-for-9 (.111). As the Tigers’ full squad workouts get underway, we take a look at the players folks are talking about this week."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Tigers AnalysisDetroit Tigers Prospect NotebookDetroit Tigers Game ThreadsDetroit Tigers NewsDetroit Tigers PodcastsDetroit Tigers LinksDetroit Tigers News: Spring training is now fully underwayNew,10commentsAs the Tigers’ full squad workouts get underway, we take a look at the players folks are talking about this week.ESTShareTweetShareShareDetroit Tigers News: Spring training is now fully underwayDouglas DeFelice-USA TODAY SportsGood Monday morning, friendly reader. It is mid-February and we have emerged from the deserts of a winter without baseball to an oasis of spring training information. Every player is in the best shape of his life, swings have been tweaked, training regimens altered, and narratives are being sculpted like the offseason body of a player entering a contract year. Slake your thirst as you drink deeply from the refreshing water of information Carlos Asuaje Jersey , and prepare yourself for real baseball. Tell me about it, studCamp has started — position players, including Nicholas Castellanos, reported on Sunday — and in these early days, visual evaluations are underway. Apparently, outfield prospect Daz Cameron is at the top of that list. Come for Anthony Fenech talking about Cameron’s grown-man body, stay for Niko Goodrum fawning over his calves. God help us if Rod Allen were still around.Going high techIt would seem that Rapsodo isn’t just the name of my high school Italian a capella group. This spring, everyone is extolling the virtue of the Rapsodo machines that take slow motion video of pitchers and offer instant feedback to coaching staff and players alike. Prospect Casey Mize, in particular, seemed to be using them quite a bit last week. Manager Ron Gardenhire also spoke about the information available and how deeply the team is trying to get involved in it.Flip the scriptTo say things have not gone exactly as hoped for pitching prospect Franklin Perez would be an understatement. After an injury-riddled 2018 that most would like to forget, Perez has returned for 2019. While the words “best shape of his life” aren’t being uttered here, all the language around a guy who has gotten himself into prime physical condition is being used. There are no restrictions on the young righthander, and folks are hoping to see what made him the centerpiece of the Justin Verlander trade.Reyes back where he belongsRemember most of last year when Victor Reyes struggled to hit major league pitching because the Tigers had to keep him on their active roster as a rule 5 pick? I do.Well, enter 2019. In what is becoming something of a theme in this article http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-brad-hand-jersey , Reyes got himself a bit swole. He has added some weight to his frame, and has made some swing adjustments that have members of the organization pretty excited. Let’s hope Reyes is worth the 2018 he had to endure, even if he spends this season in the minors (where he ideally would have been all along).Jeimer's a gamerAfter finishing 2018 bruised and battered, third baseman Jeimer Candelario was asked by the organization to take it a little easier on himself in the offseason. After a routine that provided more rest than he was accustomed to — not to mention time spent working with Robinson Cano — Candelario returns for 2019 with an updated approach to his game that is both physical and mental. Let’s hope it pays some dividends.A Nick in our future?Right fielder Nicholas Castellanos reported to camp over the weekend. After an offseason in which both sides sought trade offers for the 26-year-old, Castellanos talked with the press about his status with the Tigers. Buried among the standard, “Wherever I’m playing baseball, I’m playing to win” stuff was the interesting acknowledgement that he would still be open to discussing an extension with the team. I doubt that is in the cards, but we will see how things progress in the coming months.Eyes on the MizeThere are a lot of eyes on right-handed pitching prospect Casey Mize and how he goes about his business at spring training this year. Even if he is the first one at the facility every morning — which he contends he’s not — it’s very apparent. Mize has been investing a good deal of his time developing a new breaking pitch. It’s a slurvy offering that Mize hopes to add to his already impressive repertoire.If nothing else, the staff and players in the organization have been impressed with his attitude and work ethic. While he definitely will not make the big league club out of spring training, he will probably be in Detroit sooner than many might expect.Around the hornIn the interest of tracking the most important names in baseball, I can tell you that Tim Tebow has reported to camp. Along with him, the article also mentions this Vlad Guerrerro kid. The Phillies are still in the lead for Bryce Harper. Moose goes back to Milwaukee.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3136 Themen und 3286 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de